1. We respect your privacy
The Markinson group of companies, which includes Markinson Business Software Solutions and Coresoft, respects your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. What personal information we collect
The type of information we collect will depend on what products and services you require.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Information about the goods or services you have ordered
- Information from enquiries you have made
- Communications between us
- Credit card/bank account details/payment information
- Taxation, accounting and financial information
- Information regarding the company you represent and the software application in use at your company
- Views expressed through forums or blogs, social media, training and events that you participate in with us
If you register your company to use the web-based customer information system, the names of the individuals authorised to access your information are kept on our database. You are given an access code and password and can view and update your personal details used by our company.
3. How we collect your personal information
We generally collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: when you interact with us electronically, via forms, over the phone or in person; when you access our website and social media channels; and when we provide our services to you. There may be some instances where personal information about you will be collected from third parties such as our related entities or from publicly available sources of information, but only if:
- We have consent from you
- It is necessary for a specific purpose in connection with your dealings with us
- Where we are permitted
- To carry out marketing to you
- Where we are permitted, or required to, by lawful authority
4. Use of your personal information
We use your information to provide our service to you and to carry out marketing or training related to the service. We also use it to improve our service, to assist with the resolution of technical support issues and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in.
We do not provide your information to third parties, except that we may provide your information to our business partners who assist us in the provision of our services to you.
If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us you can opt out at any time by contacting us as detailed below.
5. Disclosure of your personal information overseas
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- Our related bodies corporate, located in Canada, Singapore and United States
- Our customer support teams, located in Fiji and Singapore.
6. Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However we are not liable for any unauthorised access to this information. All stored customer information is retained on a secure server in Australia and is protected from unauthorised access through the use of firewalls, secure passwords, user logins or other security procedures.
7. Access to your personal information
You can request that we provide you with access to information we hold about you or ask us to correct any personal information we hold about you that is out-of-date or incorrect. You can contact us by submitting a request to email@example.com.
8. Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to:Markinson Group of CompaniesPO Box 4666Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113AustraliaOr email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
When you visit our website
When you come on to our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
Contact us about your privacy
If you require further information about this policy or Markinson’s management of your personal information, please contact us at the address below:Markinson Group of CompaniesPO Box 4666Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113AustraliaEmail: email@example.com